Why Do People Dream? Because dreams do come true. Without dreams, we perish.
More twists and turns.
If there was even a remote hope that one connection might take or lead one more step. I asked. I asked for advice. I asked for people to pass it on. I asked for information so I could knock on the door. I even went back to some doors again and knocked and asked, most of the time…except for one person….I never even garnered a response back. Guess it was easier to ignore me or whatever the excuse was, than to respond.
All names will be initialized as to protect the nice ….and the nasty.
1) Record Producer, blew me off
2) Board Member of the National Recording Board-blew me off
3) Reached out to L.S. camp-had shot for them and this artist just signed with your label and got told umm nope we do not feel comfortable reaching out to our management for you and rocking the boat.
4) Reached out to a former head of Warner Entertainment (WE) in Europe, whom I had met really through a series of weird coincidences. Had a great conversation with him in person. NICEST guy EVER. GREAT stories about his life within WE and heard nothing back
5) Reached out to a local musician, who has a friend who is a Hollywood Agent with about 25 years of experience before he even asked what I wanted or needed or was asking for….offered me one of the nastiest replies to date:
I honestly don’t see how I can help. I have zero interest in Josh Groban or other performers like him. Zero. In fact, I’m quite turned off by the whole spectacle.
I know no one on the business who could help you. And while I realize that sometimes good things happen to people who “go for it” out of the blue, I think 99% of the time, these things happen very slowly, by paying your dues, etc. Your story feels a bit like a fantasy of not trying to bypass all that and getting straight there. If this is what you want to do, get out of B/CS, move to LA or NYC, and start scratching and clawing your way there.
Sorry to disappoint but this is my honest reaction. I think it best that we don’t meet. I suspect it would not go well. I wish you good luck.
6) Went back to my twin contact, who did give me the name of a contact in CA whose company does a lot of work with “celebrities” who told me she would reach out as a sister ABWA member and see what she could do but “Northern CA celebrities” were in a different world than “Southern CA celebrities”. Then she promptly refused to answer any follow-up emails. Can’t fault the earlier contact for that, she helped and in fact it needs to be noted here that to date she is the ONLY person who still occasionally texts me with a ” I am thinking about you, praying that your dream comes true” How FREAKIN awesome is that?
7) Reached out to fellow photographers within an organization I belonged to…um nope
8) Reached out to several fellow photographers within the field. One was only interested in selling me his “package” about how to be a ROCKSTAR photographer…not the help I needed and the other was David Bergman…NICEST GUY EVER. Emailed me back right away. Was super nice and gave me more information to fill in the pieces and wished me luck AND told me to feel free to stay in contact…AWESOME DUDE.
9) Ken Lavigne. Tenor with an amazing dream of singing in the Sydney Opera House. Again AWESOME guy Nicest ever. Emailed and offered encouragement.
10) Reached out to a Former Rising Star Singer…nope
And I will continue to reach out in every way or person I can think of on top of writing to you daily as we move a day closer to your tour date kickoff in Atlanta on September 12th.
*PS-Dear Reader- The only favor I ask is that you follow the story, Share if you are so inclined. Know that I am following dreams as you do.